Sunday, June 1, 2008

DiSNeY LaND!!!!! With The Parson's

Or as Brayden says is Diney Land (pronounced the same, just omit the "s"). Every morning as we walked down main street he screamed Diney Land, Diney Land!

We had an absolute blast! Carson was tall enough to ride almost all of the rides, he even rode the tower of terror. Brayden was in complete awe of EVERYTHING, and nobody got sick. Here are a few pics.

We left bright and early on a Tues. As soon as we landed we drove to Newport Beach and ate at the yummiest restraunt on the Pier called Ruby's Diner. We ate on the roof, which the kids loved despite the fact that it was blindingly bright.











Than we played on the beach. It was a little chilly, but they kids didn't care. Ryan LOVES the beach, and played in the water like he was ten years old. Eventually we went back to our hotel and cleaned up. We came back at sunset to take a few photos. Some day I'll edit some of them and post them. But for now, here are two of my favorites.












After our day at the beach we spent the next three days at Disney Land.













































Carson was a little roller coaster junkie, which delighted Ryan and I. He especially loved the train roller coaster (I forget the name) or what he called, the crazy train ride. My favorite memory of Carson though was at the end of fantasmic, after Mickey conquers the dragon Carson jumps to his feet, throws his fists in the air and yells loud enough to turn more than a few heads, "Mickey Mouse is Awsome!"

Brayden LOVED the parades and the shows. He would just clap and clap and wave like crazy. My favorite Brayden memory was during the firework show in front of the castle. If your sitting right in front of the castle the fireworks actually surround you. It's a little loud and there's alot going on. It scared Brayden so bad he was shaking, but no matter how many times I offered to leave with him, he was determined to stay and watch.

We also learned the Brayden has a more sensitive stomach than the rest of us. The first ride we went on was Gadget's Roller Coaster in Toon Town. I wish I could have recorded the look on Brayden's face, it was so strange. It wasn't until a few rides later that Ryan and I figured out that the look was one of sheer terror. We think he confused the tickle in his stomach with the sensation of vomitting. Poor kid, he thought we were torturing him, but Brayden true to his strong will to never miss out, never complained and wanted to ride, every ride he could.

The Parson's could not have been more fun to go with. I have to admit though Ryan and I finally met our match. We are die hard Disney fans and we can usually out go and out do, just about any one, but Heidi and Brett, EXHAUSTED us (well at least me). It made it all the more fun to have be with some one the loves Disney just as much (if not more) than we do. Thanks Heidi and Brett!!!

7 comments:

Hillary Garner said...

What a fun trip! I can't wait to take my girls! I can totally picture carson saying that about Mickey Mouse...how funny! Glad to had a nice vacation and hope we can see you soon!`

The Archuleta's said...

Sounds like you guys had fun.

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Such cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a blast. Your boys are the perfect age to go there--we'll have a to wait a couple more years!

Clark Family said...

Oh my gosh I am sooo jealous. I want to go to Disneyland sooo bad. I think me and you should go together. You won't wear me out. I've decided I might have some serious issues. I'm determined to go in like november the baby will only be four months but I don't care JJ would have a blast and so would I. We'll see if it works out Johnny thinks I'm crazy! The stuff about the boys cracks me up. That is a perfect age. I want to go to DisneyWorld when my boys are that age. You made it sound so fun. I'm glad you guys got to go!!

Jen H said...

What a fun trip! It seems like everyone is going to Disneyland this time of year. I am so jealous! Thanks for sharing some fun stuff about the boys and the adorable photos!

Heidi Parson said...

You guys are the BEST!~ we love you all

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!

Hawaii

Hawaii
Why we left the kids behind