Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another Set of Stitches


Boys, boy, boys!!! To all of my friends with younger boys, just you wait!! Two weeks ago we spent another long evening getting yet another set of stitches. This time for Brayden. He simply was walking across my father-in-laws office when he tripped and hit the corner of a filing cabinet. (It's not scaling my kitchen cabinets, jumping from ridiculously high places, or keeping up with Carson at the play ground, it's walking across a room that seems to be hard for him)

He was really, brave. He never even cried and actually fell asleep half way through. When it was all done I picked him up and he laid his head on my shoulder and patted my back and said over and over, "you were so brave Mommy, you were so brave." And dang it I was, I didn't even cry this time!

The fun didn't end there. The next day at church I picked him up off the floor because he was being naught and suddenly there was blood every were. I didn't want to make a scene so I immediately started walking out of the chapel when suddenly it dawned on me that Ryan was still on the stand. I shot him a look that was ment to say "PLEASE FOLLOW me". Apparently it said, "Follow me or die". To make a long story short, his stitches were still intact, but bleeding pretty badly, and he a second cut that probably could have used a stitch or two, but Ryan and I worried that they wouldn't let him leave with us if we took him back the next day decided he was fine.

Both wounds are healing fine!

4 comments:

The Archuleta's said...

those boys sure do seem to keep you busy! I'm so glad that the cut is healing well. That cut looked so much worse the night he did it.

Leesee Girlyfield said...

Oh my goodness! It's not enough that little Brayden and Ivy act exactly the same, now they will have matching scars too. That is just too funny! They are destined for each other!

Holly Marie said...

Alisa,
When they marry it will be so fun to see you at baby blessings, and baptisms!!! You'll be the best in-laws!!

Holly Marie said...

Alisa,
When they marry it will be so fun to see you at baby blessings, and baptisms!!! You'll be the best in-laws!!

Hawaii

Hawaii
Why we left the kids behind