Monday, February 4, 2008

Pres. Hinckley


While I have enjoyed reading what other people have written about Pres. Hinckley it has taken me awhile to say anything. I think the biggest reason is that I am not sure how to put into words all that I feel towards Pres. Hinckley On Sat. as I sat watching his funeral the tears started to stream as I watched his family file in for the graveside, I was so touched by their willingness to share their Great Grandpa, Grandpa and Father with us not only today a day, a day that is normally quiet and private for families, but through out his life. I am realizing that it is often easy to give of our time, talents but to do what is necessary to let those we love give of theirs, can be a painful sacrifice. One of my greatest life's lesson was learned when a friend mentioned to me that she had heard that Sister Hinckley had NEVER complained about her husbands dedication to the church. All of this was weighing on my mind as I watched this sweet family surround the casket. Carson saw me crying and simply said, "your said because the prophet died?" I looked at my own "little prophet" and said, "he's the only prophet I really remember, Mommy loves him". To the Hinckley family I say Thank you, thank you, thank you for your endless sacrifice you made so that he could touch so many lives. I am humbled by your example.

The picture above is a beautiful picture painted by Leon Parson. You can learn more about this picture by linking to my friend's Heidi and Brett blog (Brett is Leon's son). Heidiandbrett.blogspot.com The symbolism in this picture is amazing.

1 comment:

Hollyween said...

I loved President Hinckley so much as well and also cried my eyes out while watching the funeral. Thanks for telling me about the picture! It's great!!!! I need to order one.

Hawaii

Hawaii
Why we left the kids behind