Sunday, April 6, 2008

There's Nothing Like Good Friends

I stole this picture from my friend Ashley's blog.

I just had to take a minute to say how much I love my Stansbury girls. I have been blessed with good friends where ever I have lived and Stansbury was no exception.

My friend Hillary nailed it when she said raising our first babies together created an unmistakable bond. We went to dinner a couple of nights ago and laughed our heads off! It was such fun. I miss the old familarity that comes from spending our days together. I have been surprised by how much I miss their kids. I miss being able to take their babies in my arms, or stepping in to take care of a toddler. I miss having a million escaped children sitting by me (really Carson) at church and Addy's "Holly's house, Holly's house?" Every time we walked home from the park. Don't get me wrong I love my new ward and the friends that I am making and I know that familiarity will come with time, but I am so glad that I met and created friendships with my Stansbury girls!

4 comments:

Clark Family said...

Love you guys!!!

Leesee Girlyfield said...

We really need to get together more often because I had so much fun that night. I have made a lot of new friends in the ward but it's just not quite the same. I think we truly do have special bond having babies and raising them together. Carson and Will will always hold a special place in Kaitlee's heart, as will all of you girls in mine!!!

Anonymous said...

Holly-
I just found your blog via a link on Dallas and Jenny's blog. Mine is marcandcara.blogspot.com It's full of fun and vulgarities...Marc is often embarrassed by what I am willing to share with people. Katy and I were talking about getting together soon. I didn't know that you moved to Herriman. So maybe I'll see you later!

danheid said...

Holly,

You are such a great friend and I'm sure you attract people everywhere you go. I miss you and wish I could be one of those friends you hang out with.(Sniff, sniff...)

I love reading your blog! Connor locked our bedroom a while ago too. Danny and I decided we wanted an "adult" door knob because Connor was somehow always making it into our room! That privacy knob cost us $75 for the locksmith to open.

We actually called home depoit to price the door to see what would cost less, breaking the door down, or the $75!

(Logged in as Danny but really -Andrea Heid)

Hawaii

Hawaii
Why we left the kids behind