Friday, August 29, 2008

We aRe ALiVe!!

Poor Brayden has been sitting here with his pants down for long enough!

If you make it all the way through these posts I will be amazed. I am so long winded, and it is confusing because really you are reading the story backwards.

AUG.

Started out on a sad note. Ryan's Grandma passed away on Aug. 7th, after complications from a stroke.


There are two great things I learned from Ryans Grandma. Both of them about love. The first one is the sincere interest she always had in every one of her grand children and great grandchildren. She always knew what was going on everyones life, and did her best to make it to the birthday parties, recitals, plays ect. of not just her grandkids, but also her great- grand kids. This above picture is of her and George at Brayden's first birthday.

The second thing I learned from Eleanor came from watching her and George. While she was in the hospital they celebrate their 63rd anniversary. Their life together was a true love story. Watching the way they interacted with absolute, love kindness and respect was inspiring.

Aug. 8th was Brayden's birthday. We had such a bad two weeks previously and I was still feeling so sick that we decided to post pone his birthday. It turned out to be a good thing since he started throwing up at around six that morning.


Brayden on his birthday.
Finally on Aug. 22nd I got my act together and we had a small party with a couple of friends and family at the splash park by our house. It was really low maintenance and easy, which is what I needed. Maybe in a year I will go back to trying to be Martha Stewart.

I know I'm vain, but I think he is so stinken' cute

If you know Brayden, you know he LOVES pop.

4 comments:

The Archuleta's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Archuleta's said...

Holly it's about time you updated your blog!
Brayden's party was so cute. I loved that little water park. I've never seen anything like it. I bet you guys take the boys over there all the time.

Marc Gingell said...

So sorry about Ryan's grandma. That picture of his grandpa is precious, it made me tear up.

Janessa Taylor said...

No, he IS so stinkin' cute :) Hey, sorry I've been a stranger!! We need to get together soon...and I need to give you a call. I'm a loser sorry!

Hawaii

Hawaii
Why we left the kids behind