Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Great Weekend

I know I should be posting about Christmas, and my birthday and other exciting things, but I had such a great weekend with the boys I wanted to share.

1st two funny stories
Ryan's parents live down the street from the new Draper temple, so they were invited to a VIP temple tour before the official temple tours start. All week we have been talking to the boys on and off about the temple. EVERY TIME we talk about going Brayden start's to have a melt down. Finally Sat. I'm dressing the boys and Brayden is just freaking out that he does NOT want to go. So I ask, Brayden, why don't you want to go to the temple. He looks at me and yells, " I don't want to get married, I don't want to get married!". I laughed so hard my eyes wouldn't stop watering as I realized that what I had mistaken for dread of being bored was really a dread of coming home with a wife at the age of three!


A little later they were dressed and ready to go. I stopped them both and told them, how handsome they were and said, "I'm so used to having cute kids, what are we going to do if the baby is an ugly baby?" Carson stopped and looked at me very seriously, evidently deciding that this may be a very real problem that we might have to deal with, and he says, "Mom, we will just have to put lots of big bows on her."

Were does he even get these ideas?!


The temple open house was a great experience. The boys can be so wild I was a little worried about how they would act. Before we went in they had us watch a 12 min. video and to my surprise the boys were glued to the entire presentation. At the end the "Host" told us that while the temple had not been dedicated that the ground it stood on had, and promised us that we would feel the spirit. I thought that was a very lofty promise. From the moment we started walking into the the temple my kids were calm and wide eyed. It was such a great experience for them. Carson (in a whispered voice) asked a million questions and by some miracle I was able to answer them all. You could tell that my tiny, rowdy, usually out of control kids, could feel that there was something different about this building.

The temple its self was beautiful. The ordinance rooms were amazing, with huge painted murals. I was reminded of all the reasons there are to love the temple. My life experiences have made me incredibly grateful for the understanding my temple covenants have given me. Having lost my Dad, my baby, my grandma and my sweet niece, there is nothing I am more grateful for than that knowledge of eternal families and the opportunity I have had to make those covenants.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A girl!?! Congrats!!!

Lilet said...

That is so funny Brayden thought he was getting married! No wonder he was nervous!! :) What a great experience to go to the tour with the boys.

Tiffany said...

I love it! You only go to the temple to be married hu? And I think when two people make handsome boys they are destined to make beautiful girls!!

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

HAHAHAHAHA - I can totally see Brayden saying that. That seriously made me laugh my head off.

I'm glad they liked the temple, what a good post!

Krystal said...

Loved the cute bow story and the one about Carson and getting married! What an awesome opportunity!

Aubrey Smith said...

Holly, you're boys are very handsome, I don't think it would be possible for you to ever have an ugly baby, so tell Carson, no worries! Hope you're doing well! We are going to have 3 temples so close to us, so tell Brayden, he will get to choose which one he wants to get married in, in about, well... a long time.

Hawaii

Hawaii
Why we left the kids behind